- 2602 ft2
- Half Baths
- Full Baths
- Days For Sale
Otranto Plantation, situated on the banks of the Goose Creek Reservoir, was established in 1678. Edward and Arthur Middleton received the 1780 acres in a land grant (their descendant would later sign the Declaration of Independence). The house is the oldest known structure in South Carolina, believed to have been built c. 1679. The plantation was listed in the National Registry of Historic Places in 1978, where its low profile and colonnade on three sides are noted as architecturally significant, as they are unusual for the Charleston area. Other notable owners include Dr. Alexander Garden. The gardenia flower is named for him, and he is credited for bringing the smallpox vaccine to the area.
Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
This data is provided exclusively for consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing.
Powered by Wizard Tech Consulting