Greenville SC lakefront homes for sale. The upstate near Greenville South Carolina is home to three amazingly gorgeous large lakes: Hartwell, Jocassee, and Keowee and two smaller lakes all have beautiful real estate for sale. See all waterfront homes & land & homes for sale on Lakes Jocassee, Hartwell, Keowee, Lake Greenwood & Lake Robinson here. View real estate listings on MLS by price, size, acres, sq ft, age, neighborhood, water views, country clubs, with docks, boat lifts & more. There are many towns outside the Greenville Spartanburg area that have real estate properties along the waterfront such as: Travelers Rest, Senaca, Sunset, Westminster, Anderson, just to name a few.
Current active MLS listing are on the market for 34 days.
MLS Listings Data
Number of MLS Listings 1 - 9 of 131
five bedrooms, with 6 full and 2 half-bathrooms - 2.5 car garage - keith summerour-designed, and built by boutique craftsman, mike blackburn - exceptional, 1.53 acre waterfront lot, with gentle slope...
welcome to 215 e wynward pointe drive: peace and tranquility infuse the atmosphere as you enter the private drive to this exquisite estate hidden away on lake keowee. blended seamlessly into its...
these original owners of this incredible lake front estate are also among the original founders of the reserve at lake keowee. this world-reknowned resort community with golf, tennis, marina, pools,...
incredible and rare opportunity to purchase a brand new home on lake keowee. 151 rollingwood dr. is the culmination of patience and local knowledge. this lot was selected over many others because it...
new lakefront construction offering...the reserve at lake keowee!...this rare peninsula lakefront/cul-de-sac premier homesite offering is now available along with approximately 530 feet of beautiful...
new construction! waterfront home with beautiful long views from most of the rooms! this 5 bedroom craftsman style home has over 4,800 square feet of indoor living located in the cliffs at keowee...
elevated, extraordinary views are the hallmark of 407 evergreen trail. positioned on a ridge overlooking a far-reaching span of lake keowee, the waterfront home celebrates its glorious scenery with...
if you are looking for privacy, breathtaking waterfront views and acreage, this is the home for you! unique property on lake bowen offering 66.2 acres this home is situated with panoramic views of...
LAKE HARTWELL SC
Lake Hartwell is a man-made reservoir bordering Georgia and South Carolina on the Savannah, Tugaloo, and Seneca Rivers. Lake Hartwell is one of the southeast’s largest and most popular recreation lakes. The lake is created by Hartwell Dam located on the Savannah River seven miles (11 km) below the point at which the Tugaloo and Seneca Rivers join to form the Savannah. 56,000-acre Lake Hartwell, is inhabited by striped and hybrid bass, largemouth, crappie, bream and catfish and is one of the Southeast’s premier fishing destinations for professionals. Homes for sale on Lake Hartwell are some of the most expensive properties in the Upstate.
All the traditional lake recreational activities can be seen and done here on Lake Hartwell:
- Camping. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers manages 9 campgrounds at Lake Hartwell with a total of 524 campsites. Many of the campgrounds include restrooms, showers, boat ramps, playgrounds, electric and water hookups, courtesy docks, group camping, and designated swimming areas.
- Biking trail. The Corps of Engineers Lake Hartwell office partnered with the Southern Off-Road Bicycle Association (SORBA) to build a 7.6 miles (12.2 km) multi-purpose trail at the Paynes Creek Campground area.
- Fishing. Hartwell is home to many different types of fish including largemouth bass, bream, hybrid and striped bass, crappie, white bass, trout, and walleye.
- Swimming. The lake is suitable for swimming but there have been over 200 deaths on the lake through the years.
- Water sports. The Lake is a venue for a variety of sports such as tubing, water skiing, and wakeboarding.
- Boating. Boating is a huge part of the recreation side of Lake Hartwell. There are five marinas along the lake, including Clemson Marina, Big Water Marina, Harbor Light Marina, Hartwell Marina, and Portman Marina as well as many public boat ramps. The lake also features the private Western Carolina Sailing Club that hosts an annual regatta in October to benefit Hospice of the Upstate.
Is a 7,500-acre, 300-foot deep reservoir located in northwest South Carolina created by the state in partnership with Duke Power in 1973. The lake is commonly known for the clean and cold Appalachian mountain rivers that feed the lake to keep its waters cool and clear year-round. The lake is within Devils Fork State Park. There are four different smaller rivers that feed into Lake Jocassee. Similar to Lake Hartwell, as one can guess the real estate for sale on Lake Jocassee is some of the most premium property in the Upstate near Greenville / Spartanburg SC. The same fish species as in Lake Hartwell can also be found in Jocassee.
Also a man–made reservoir this lake was created to serve the needs of a power utility (Duke Energy) as well as public recreational purposes. It is approximately 26 miles long, 3 miles wide, with an average depth of 54 feet, and a shoreline measured at 300 miles in total,and is approximately 800 feet above sea level. The lake is connected by damn to Lake Jocassee and as you can imagine shares the same recreational activities as the other two Greenville SC area lakes of Hartwell and Jocassee. Search homes for sale lake Keowee.
As with most of the lakes around the upstate, they are Indian names from the Cherokee tribe located in Oconee county.
LAKES OF SOUTH CAROLINA